What a car! We are very excited to represent this one-off Porsche 993 Turbo build. It’s truly a masterpiece by Virtuoso Performance in 2017, they had about 704 hours into the Porsche. Countless hours of research, sourcing, and adjustment went in to make this vision come to life. May we present, this 1996 Porsche 993 Turbo GT2 Conversion!
The GT2 body conversion and color change were performed on the 993 Turbo with the mission to make the car as close as possible to the 993 GT2 with the added complication of lowering the car. The yellow was hand-matched to the Penske RS Spyder as the intent was to display the 993 GT2 and the Penske together.
Countless hours of research to develop a specification for the job, component options, and once arrived, fitment of all components went into this build. The cohesion of everything was imperative to achieve the look they envisioned, that of the car hunkered down over its tires, there was a significant about of trial and adjustment to achieve this. Once one part was adjusted in its place, they repeated the process with the next component making sure each one came together flawlessly with the others. Once together the car was extensively test-driven and every detail was sorted out. The end result is a simply fabulous car, wonderfully usable but capable of astonishing performance.
The suspension was upgraded for superior damping and lower ride height and an original set of the correct style Speedline GT2 magnesium wheels with hollow spokes were located and restored. A set of Michelin tires were fitted and the brake calipers were painted to continue the GT2 theme. The engine was upgraded with a larger intercooler, free-flowing but quiet exhaust, upgraded ECU, and related modifications. These modifications not only increase power but virtually eliminate any turbo lag.
- GT2 Body Conversion
- Porsche motorsport GT2 Components: Tail, Adjustable Top Wing, Front Flares, Rear Flares, Front Splitter, Front Bumper, Rear Bumper, & Related Items-Restoration Including: Turn Signals, Sunroof Seal, Windshield Seal, Weatherstripping, Washer Nozzles, Bulbs, Door Seals, Wheel Liners, and many other components replaced
- Full Disassembly & Color Change To Yellow, Matching the Penske RS Spyder
- Countless Hours of Research & Adjustment
- Body Work To Verify Flawless Fitment and Cohesion of All Components
- Upgraded Suspension
- Speedline GT2 Magnesium Wheels
- Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 N4 Porsche Spec Tires 285/30/18 & 315/30/18
- Painted & Rebuilt Brake Calipers to Further GT2 theme
- Engine Upgrades: Larger Intercooler, Free Flowing Exhaust, Upgraded ECU-Steering Wheel, Floormats, and Other Items Replaced
- Custo Short Throw Shifter-All Maintenance Services Performed-Build Performed by Virtuoso Performance in 2017
- Service Records, Manuals, & Car Cover Included